Travelling to and from the local area is easy with it’s great transport network that provides various Bus Routes, Train stops at Tywyn Aberdyfi and Fairbourne, and local Taxi’s.
LLoyds Coaches provide a reliable bus service to Tywyn and the surrounding towns and villages. To see the timetables please click the links below. We will try to keep these as up to date as possible.
28 – Tywyn – Llanegryn – Llwyngwril – Fairbourne – Dolgellau
29 – Tywyn – Sandilands – Promenade – Tywyn
x28/x29 – The Cambrian Coastliner – Coast to Coast network Llanegryn – Tywyn – Machynlleth – Aberystwyth
30 – Tywyn – Abergynolwyn – Minffordd – Machynlleth / Dolgellau
Lloyds Coaches also provide a day ticket priced at £5.80 per adult and £2.90 per child (up to their 16th birthday) from 09 September 2013 onwards.
- Buy the ticket on the first bus you board and use it all day on the Lloyds Coaches network of services including the T2 service between Dolgellau and Aberystwyth.
- You will now be able to travel from Dolgellau and Tywyn to Aberystwyth for only £5.80 via our X27/X28/X29 family of services.
For all latest routes and prices please check Lloyds website here http://www.lloydscoaches.com/timetables.htm
The Cambrian Line Trains
The Cambrian Railway spans 120 miles of unspoilt natural beauty and is one of the most scenic rail routes in Britain. From Shrewsbury in Shropshire, the Cambrian Main Line takes you over the border into Wales, through rugged mountain terrain, quaint market towns, World Heritage sites and castles, cross country towards the picturesque West coast of Wales. Here it merges into the Cambrian Coastal route offering spectacular views, coastal walks and places to visit along the length of the Gwynedd coast.
You can find the best train ticket deals to from and through Tywyn on the new Transport for Wales website.
The Cambrian Line is serviced by Transport for Wales.
- Plan your route & book Cambrian Line tickets here.
- For real time Cambrian Line train service information click here and here for connecting trains across the UK.
- Or you can download the Transport for Wales Journey Check app or Cross Country Trains app from
- You can get 1/3 off Advance Purchase ticket if you have a 16-25, Family & Friends, Disabled Persons or a Senior Railcard holder. Also, child discounts apply for all Advance fares. For full Terms & Conditions about Advance tickets, please visit the National Rail Enquiries
The Talyllyn Railway in Tywyn is the first preserved railway in the World, known affectionately as ‘The Railway with a Heart of Gold’.
The journey itself crosses more than seven miles of spectacular scenery within sight of one of Britain’s highest mountains, Cadair Idris. The journey takes 55 minutes up the line from Tywyn through the ancient woodlands and meadows of the Fathew Valley. En route keep your eyes peeled for Red Kites, Cormorants, Barn Owl, Redstart, Peregrine Falcons, Wheatear, Linnet and Little Owl. The cosy covered and open carriages provide the best of comfort and views as you travel up the line.
Full timetable: Tywyn Wharf – Rhydyronen – Dolgoch – Abergynolwyn – Nant Gwernol
You can break your journey wherever you wish and with a Day Rover ticket you can travel as often as you want during the day. Buy tickets here.